- Processes all release of information requests from Avatar, TIER and Paper Vision within 10 days of receipt. Maintains microfilm records and copies documents when necessary. Assists outside vender with Social Security releases and enters release of information data in client’s Avatar record. Maintains release log. Produces subpoenaed records at court in the absence of the Medical Records Coordinator.
- Processes documents for scanning and prints documents as needed from PaperVision.
- Responds to telephone requests from clients, agencies, attorneys and medical staff for information on releases of information. Processes walk-in customer’s requests for medical records.
- Exhibits enthusiasm, courtesy, adaptability, flexibility, and spirit of cooperation in the work environment.
- Maintains effective interpersonal relations and works cooperatively with team members, consumers, peers, subordinates, management, visitors and the general public.
- Effectively responds to staff and client/consumer needs and problems, initiates and maintains positive interactions, provides timely response to phone calls, pages, email and other requests
- Responds to requests for volunteers to work on Center committees and/or task forces or projects as able.
- Attends mandatory in-services and completes on-line trainings as required, complies with individualized training plan if required.
- Works on special projects as assigned by the Medical Records Coordinator.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.