- Provides individual and family therapy using primarily an in-home service delivery model. Must be able to provide evening sessions with individuals and families four evenings per week. 40 hour work week is expected, Monday-Friday.
- Engages consumers in the strength-based and trauma-informed treatment process and goal-setting. Utilizes a range of appropriate clinical and recovery focused interventions according to clinical need, or refers as indicated, to trauma specific treatment, wellness classes, co-occurring/substance use services.
- Meets required number of consumer service hours as determined by Network Director.
- Provides pre-screening process to potential consumers to determine eligibility and/or interest in services within guidelines of supervisor. Responds to referral sources within 48hrs of receiving the referral to update on progress.
- Engages individuals and families by using PCOMs (Partners for Change Outcome Management) model in the treatment process; identifies risk factors including lethality; works constructively with consumer to reach agreed upon outcome and coordinates care with internal and external providers; maintains appropriate professional standards and provides appropriate follow-up for consumers.
- Facilitates weekly psychoeducational group using the BrainWise curriculum.
- Responds effectively to client/consumer needs and problems, initiates and maintains positive interactions, responds within one work day to phone calls, e-mail and other requests.
- Works cooperatively with other community agencies, as appropriate, and in agreement with supervisor, including the Juvenile Assessment Center, Jefferson County truancy court, Jefferson County schools, Jefferson County district court, Jefferson County juvenile probation department and diversion department, Division of Youth Corrections, Mental Health court, and SB-94 program.
- Completes all the requirements of Jefferson Center intake with special studies code filled in properly; Also completes program specific and SB-97 requirements including documentation of required fields held within the database of clients each week.
- Maintains effective interpersonal relations with consumers, colleagues, management, visitors and the general public.
- Exhibits enthusiasm, courtesy, adaptability, flexibility and spirit of cooperation in the work environment
- Understands how trauma impacts the lives of the people being served, so that every interaction is consistent with the recovery process and reduces the possibility of re-traumatization.
- Participates in the Center’s training/educational programs designed to enhance knowledge about Trauma Informed Care, the impact of trauma and trauma recovery.
- Ensures delivery practices are guided by the principles of trauma informed care.
CAC or LAC DUTIES
- Will participate in the Centers’ CAC meetings and related trainings
- Will participate in monthly CAC clinical supervision (individual or group)
- Will provide CAC supervision to Center staff (CAC III’s only) to assist in the development of knowledge and skills in providing co-occurring treatment
- Completes substance use screening, assessments and related paperwork
- Attends supervision at times and intervals agreed upon with supervisor. Participates in supervision by coming prepared with an agenda, reports high risk/problem cases and utilizes a problem-solving approach as well as feedback.
- Participates in weekly team meetings and group consultations.
- Completes 90% of peer review charts needing corrections within 14 calendar days (only areas for which staff are responsible).
- Ensures that 95% of all authorizations are accurate and timely.
- Submits 90% of all paperwork by the due date.
- Ensures that fee collection meets the team goal as determined by Network Director.
- Completes 95% of case closings within 90 days after last contact.
- Attends mandatory in-services, compliance with individualized training plan if required.
- Volunteers to work on Center committees and/or task forces or other community committees as assigned
- Attends clients’ psychiatric appointments as needed. Always attends the initial appointments.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.